Graphic Designer/Illustrator Apply Now
We are looking for a well-rounded and multi-faceted freelance graphic designer/illustrator who is comfortable with balancing a consistent workload. The Graphic Designer/Illustrator should be able to think outside the box and assist the design team in creating fresh and new concepts. The ideal candidate will have an emphasis on apparel-related design with a secondary focus on digital (web, digital display & social media). The ideal candidate is comfortable with production tasks, enjoys collaboration, and is not afraid to speak up with creative ideas. The position also requires a candidate who is comfortable working with and communicating with different departments within the organization.
Here’s what you'll do:
• Work alongside the design team to create original apparel graphics
• Design original graphics and artwork, as well as contribute ideas to the design process regarding color and placement
• Make recommendations and changes on re-coloring existing artwork
• Understand and oversee artwork process from design creation to print-ready production
• Design and develop digital and print assets for various platforms. This includes web assets/ pages, emails, digital banners, social/shareable assets, animations, printed assets, mailers, packaging, presentation decks, etc.
• Able to understand and apply brand guidelines across all assets. Ensure on-brand continuity in visual messaging across all channels.
• Minimum 1+ years of hands-on experience in graphic arts and apparel design
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS6 Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Office, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Formal Training (certified) and/or education in graphic arts required. Bachelor’s degree in Design or Graphic Design preferred
• Ability to effectively use computer design applications and hand-drawn/illustrations for mixed media artwork
• You're a team player but also can thrive working independently on projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator
• Must have a strong understanding of African/Nigerian culture and a high level of accountability
• Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure
• Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
• Able to present your work to fellow designers and directors and communicate the reasoning within your designs
• Knowledge with DTG process and experience is a plus
• Experience in the Streetwear industry a plus
• Ability to quickly design strong trend-based graphics
• Passionate about your craft (actively reading, growing, and learning about design)
Please submit an online portfolio of graphic design work alongside your resume.
Naija Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Naija Nation fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.