Public Relations Specialist Apply Now
We're looking for a Public Relations Specialist to build and maintain our positive image for Naija Nation. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
Here's what you'll do:
• Draft press releases, pitches, case studies, white papers, and media summaries
• Build relationships with new media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts
• Manage media requests in a timely and professional manner
• Pitch story ideas and content to media
• Ensure all communication is cohesive with the brand image
• Track and analyze media coverage to inform future campaigns
• Measure PR program impacts using regular reporting
• Organize, schedule, and prepare key leaders for press interviews
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field preferred
• 1+ years of experience in public relations or corporate communications
• Excellent organization skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Strong working knowledge of a variety of public relations programs
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proven ability to develop, implement, and execute successful public relations campaigns
Pay rate: $26/hr
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position.
Naija Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Naija Nation fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.