Social Media Content Creator Apply Now
We're looking for freelance Social Media Content Creators that are passionate about creating social media content that engages, entertains, and connects consumers with our brand authentically.
Here's what you'll do:
• Develop, design, plan and execute media assets and campaigns across all existing and emerging social channels.
• Oversee the creative development for digital marketing asset creation, including paid ads, social content, influencer content, UI/UX, site content, and other digital assets including video and landing pages.
• Identify, develop and implement creative ideas that generate authentic engagement.
• Connect, manage and build relationships with influencers, micro-influencers to A-List celebs.
• Ensure all social efforts ladder up to brand strategy.
• Oversee community management and engagement with a customer-first mindset and work with customer care as needed.
• Build reporting processes and synthesize learnings into best practices to apply across channels.
• Track, monitor, and stick to/understand a budget.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure holistic integration where necessary.
• Own the content calendar, working to ensure maximum marketing synergy by coordinating with other marketing team members.
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
• Collaborate with other teammates in marketing, creative, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, such as promotions, brand collaborations, and sweepstakes
• Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
• Track best times of day for posting and maximum social engagement
• Analyze post engagement performance and make suggestions for optimization
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and best practices in social media, design tools and applications
• 1+ years in creating content for digital platforms (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc)
• Degree in graphic design, multi-media arts, film, or related areas preferred
• Visual thinker with a strong knack for creating and curating conversational, shareable content
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS Suite, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Ability to work independently, balance priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must have a strong understanding of African/Nigerian culture and a high level of accountability
• Confident, collaborative, and communicative with an ability to keep calm under pressure
• Ability to shoot and edit captivating short-form stories for social channels.
• Multicultural marketing and/or content experience strongly preferred
• Ability to interview talent for short-form documentary storytelling
• Videography, cinematography, and editorial + storytelling skills
• Can-do attitude, flexible with demands of a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
• Ability to quickly pitch and execute innovative, next-level concepts
• After Effects or other animation programs a plus
• Ability to write engaging social copy
• Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics preferred
• On-set experience preferred
Please include your social accounts in your resume displaying your ideas and understanding of how to leverage best creative practices to engage followers. Please also submit an online portfolio of creative work for social media.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position.
Naija Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Naija Nation fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.